“Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:28
Arpan Mission is a Christian organization that is committed to take the uncompromised service to the community in and around Nepal. The organization had its beginning in the year 2010. We are devoted to build up the kingdom of God by extending His love for the mankind in the unreached interior places of Nepal by developing a community free of addiction and alcoholism, bad family values, eradicate illiteracy and improve the value system of the society by social service programmes and launch powerful gospel movements. We are committed to planting churches wherever needed. We believe that these positive developments can be attained only by developing like-minded indigenous leaders; therefore, we are also committed to conduct short term leadership training’s for empowering the lay leaders to accomplish this task of Mission.
Pastor Sobhit Magar and his wife Mrs. Bimala hail from the eastern part of Nepal. Both had the privilege of attaining theological training from South India. Pastor Sobhit was initially conducting training in Biratnagar and subsequently moved to Chitwan to continue the training program with Mission India. In the year 2010, owing to God’s special leading, he left the training and started an independent mission work in Parsa region under the banner of Arpan ministry. He had a clear conviction that God was calling him for church planting and training lay leaders to accomplish similar tasks. The Lord blessed his efforts which resulted in the establishment of a church and a short-term discipleship training center.
Gradually, Arpan ministry has been able to expand its work in several outstations in Chitwan and Makwanpur districts. Arpan ministry team now has ten full-time servants working in partnership under the guidance of Pr. Sobhit. His family constitutes of his wife Bimala, daughter Jebisha, son Jebish and they are influencing the community as a family.
- We believe that the Bible, as we have it in the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is divinely inspired, and the only infallible and authoritative word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, Creator and Lord of the universe, eternally existent in three persons; God the Father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit, distinguishable but indivisible.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God the Son incarnate, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, truly man. He died on the cross of Calvary as a substitutionary sacrifice for the sins of all mankind. He was buried, rose from the dead, and ascended into heaven, where he is now the interceding High Priest, at the right hand of the Father.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God. He fell into sin and was consequently separated from God. All men are sinners, both by birth and choice. As a result, man is by nature depraved, under condemnation and unable to attain to divine righteousness.
- We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and complete work of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary. The blood of Jesus Christ is the only basis for the remission of sins
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is instrumental in:
- Regeneration – that is the new birth of every person who responds to God’s Word and accepts Christ as Savior and Lord.
- The experience of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.
- Sanctification – a life of separation from the world to live a life of holiness, producing the fruit of the Spirit.
- The operation of the gifts and ministries of the Spirit as manifested in the early church.
- Divine healing of the spirit, soul and body
- We believe in the reality and personality of Satan and the eternal judgment of him and his angels.
- We believe that the Church is:
- The redeemed community of God’s people for all time.
- The priesthood of all believers. Jesus Christ is both the Head and the Chief cornerstone of the Church.